loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Falling Water Lace Scarf


I started this lace scarf thursday. It is called Falling Water Lace Scarf by Bonnie Sennot. I am using my own handspun that is super soft but I didn't realize until I started knitting how unevenly I spun it. I am not sure how the pictures show up but the color is different with lavender, gold, yellow and orangy tones. It was in a laps form and hand dyed by Leah I would guess it to be anywhere from fingering to dk weight with even bits of worsted. Now that's variety! :) So far I really like this scarf because it is so soft with unique color.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Your yarn is gorgeous. I also love the pattern you picked to show it off. Loverly.
I like the pattern you are using for the hand wash socks. Yummy. You may end up with slipper socks for Blakey if you forget!

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

When I first looked at your scarf, I expected to read that the yarn was from Alchemy yarns. Here it is your handspun with perfectly line up colors! It is very beautiful, you must be so pleased with it.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

Oh, the yarn looks beautiful and soft. It doesn't look uneven at all.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Leah said...

The scarf is gorgeous and I can't wait to see it in person this weekend :) Is that the kid mohair that was the skinny sliver stuff or was it clouds? Great job sweetpea!

Leah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home