loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Spinning Cotton Candy


O.K., so it isn't cotton candy but it sure looks like it. That's what one of the ladies said on Saturday at the Frankenmuth Guild. I had only been there twice last spring and didn't go all summer. Fall is here, I have a little more time on the weekends and I am ready to go again. The ladies were all very nice. I enjoyed the beautiful country drive there and so all and all it was just a perfect day for me!


Anyhow the roving is a wool/bunny mix and super soft. I plan on plying it with a white coopsworth to end up with 2 lbs and hopefully enough for a very feminine and soft sweater. I am trying to get a worsted weight but I am having a hard time with consistency.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Deby said...

It does look like cotton candy. I cant wait to see what you come up with!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your yarn is so beautiful!!! I know the challenge of spinning worsted weight, however, with the angora you might get some light weight fullness to your yarn. Kind of like how mohair yarn is so thin yet uses large needles. I can't wait to see your plied sample swatch!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

Oh very pretty. The name cotton candy fits it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home