loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Alpaca Vest


This is some handspun Alpaca I spun quite a while ago. I had a little over 1000 yards of very bulky yarn and it is soooooooooo soft. I originally made a poncho out of it. But I found the poncho to be restricting but super warm like wearing my blankie everywhere I went. :) Because fashions come and go I decided to rip back that poncho and use the yarn for something I thought I might wear more. Especially since it was so warm. I found this free vest pattern on the Bernat site and the gauge is perfect.

3 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Deby said...

I wouldnt let that yarn go to waste either. Re-Knit! Looks good!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

So glad to hear you found a more appropriate project for the yarn. It does look soft.

 
At 2:44 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your handspun Alpaca is gorgeous! I thought it was commercial as it looks so perfect. Vests are a great way to use such a warm yarn, beautiful work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home