loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

2 Socks on 2 Circs


I had such a wonderful time last weekend!!! First of all mom and I drove up to West Branch for the Michigan Lamb and Wool Festival. It was a blast! But what made it better yet is my best girlfriend, Deby met us there and then drove back to my house to stay the night. It was so nice to spend some time with her. I have missed her since she moved up north. We had fun shopping, chatting and of course knitting.


I didn't end up buying any rovings but I bought enough yarn to make 3 sweaters. I can't wait to get started on those but I have other projects on the needles that need to be finished first.


One of those projects is something very new to me. I learned socks on double pointed needles and really didn't mind them. Deby taught me the 2 socks on 2 circs method. She left me a pair of Hiya Hiya (I hope that is spelled right) circular needles and away I went. It was funny though. She got me going on them and she wasn't down the driveway 10 minutes and I had my socks knitted together. Boy that was a little dissapointing, but I ripped back, started again and this is my progress this week. The yarn is Knit Picks Dancing. The pattern is Garter Rib from my all time favorite sock book. "Sensational Knitted Socks"

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Your socks are looking good girlfriend!
I also had a great time visiting with you. We need to get together more often!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

I've heard of this technique but have never tried it. Your 2 socks on 2 circs are looking awesome.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

I tried 2 socks together before and gave up. Yours look great! Knit Picks has wonderful needles, too. I look forward to seeing pics of your new yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home