loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chevron Waistcoat


I don't know if vests are currently in style or not, but I am making one anyhow. This pattern is from Knitter's Magazine, summer 2007, and called Cevron Waistcoat. It is a top down on size 9 needles. I thought I would clean out all my oddball skeins of handspun for this. It turned out to be more difficult than I thought it would be. For starters the model was knit with a handpainted main color therefore you can't see a definite striping pattern. My handspuns all tended to be more solid so the stripes really stand out alot more. I had a hard time finding enough balls that matched too. It calls for several super bulky, bulky and worsted weight to end up with a total of 9 colors. I ended up plying together two handspuns one in off white llama, the other just a wool mix to get a tweed effect for my main color. I also threw in a couple of acrylics to get different texture. Patons Divine and a boucle. Somehow the look I have come up with seems to have a southwestern flavor. I am kind of liking it so far, we shall see........

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Deby said...

I love your vest colors. The teal really makes it look rich.
I also love your socks. Pattern looks great.

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

I really like the colors to and what a nice way to use up oddball skeins. The baby fern socks are also gorgeous.

 
At 3:39 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

What a clever way to use handspun yarns! I love your combination of colors and textures. I hope you send them a picture when you are done, I think they would print it in a future issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home