loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Finished Silk/Wool Yarn


Here is a pic of the most recent yarn off my wheel. It has been sitting there for quite a while since I have been doing more knitting this summer. There was 10 oz of this wool/silk roving and I spun it quite fine. I would consider this a fingering - dk weight. I love the colors, which were dyed by Leah of Yarn or a Tale. This yarn is so soft. I would love to make socks from it but not sure of the durability. A lace scarf would also be very pretty.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your yarn is so pretty and with 10 oz you could make a pretty shawl. Socks work better with 3-ply, as I have learned the hard way. I look forward to seeing what it becomes!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Deby said...

I vote for the lacey stole/scarf. I do love the color combinations Leah came up with. I am still spinning that same roving! But making progress. I need a few more hours in the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home