loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Purple Donegal Tweed Sweater


I finally finished this sweater that I started back in January. I had it tucked away in my craft room waiting for me to take interest again. It was done on size 6 needles with Donegal Tweed DK by Sirdar which is now discontinued. I was holding my breath I had enough to finish the sweater because I couldn't find anymore of this yarn. I probably finished with a mere 10 yards left over. I have more of this yarn in navy for another sweater but with a couple of extra balls. The pattern is by Sirdar and is simple to do. This is my first cardigan and I really like it. Just a stockinette stitch with seed stitch turned back cuffs and trim. The buttons don't show up too well in the picture but they are perfect. I found them at JoAnn's and they are wood with the exact shade of purple faded to a lighter purple in the center.


2 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

What a beautiful sweater!!! I love the color and the seed stitch cuffs. I almost think there is some excitement to running out of yarn, but then when I know I will, I feel dread at having to deal with it. I'm glad you had just enough.

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Your sweater is just wonderful! It looks so professional Cheryl. You knit beautifully.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home