loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Garter Rib Socks


I have been working on these socks for the past 3 weeks. With spring here and plenty of yard work, knitting and spinning time are at a minimum. But, I work it in every minute I can. Even if it is my half hour lunch at work. The yarn I used is Sockotta. These socks are called "Garter Rib" from "Sensational Knitted Socks" book. It was my very favorite sock book untl I got "More Sensational Knittted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. Now I think it is a tie. They are both my favorites!!!


As you can see, I only need to finish off the toe decreases on the second sock and I will finally have them finishsed.


Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Your socks and spinning are loverly Cheryl. I love a ribbed sock, its one of my favorites. And those colors in your pencil roving are beautiful.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Kris B said...

Your spun pencil roving looks so soft and pretty, and I can never get enough of hand knitted socks.

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your choice of garter rib works so nicely with the Sockotta yarn. I made a plain pair and each sock not only looks different from the other, they look a bit weird, too. I have both books and am very happy with them, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home