loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Victorian Facecloths




Another gift for mom's birthday is some victorian style facecloths that I thought I would display with some nice soaps. The pattern book is "The Heirloom Knitter Presents Heavenly Cotton Facecloths" by Barbara Scoville done with a fingering weight yarn ( Catania) and calls for size 6 needles. Wouldn't you know I could only find a pair of size 5's. But it seems to be working out well. The first one I am making is called Leaf and Vine and is fairly easy. The only part I may not like is the lace edging is done seperately and then attatched. Margie had one on display at Elaine's Yarns and it is gorgeous!!!

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

What a beautiful facecloth! I am a little surprised at the attached edging, I look forward to seeing how elegant it looks. Your mom is going to have the best birthday!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Deby said...

I love the facecloths! How victorian they are. I need to get that book.
Your moms scarf is also wonderful looking. I bet you cant wait to give it to her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home