loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Deby's Birthday Socks


My best girlfriend, Deby has a birthday coming up. Last year we decided that we would exchange hand made, hand knit socks for our birthdays. We were so busy knitting for our families during the holidays that we thought it would be nice to knit a special gift for each other on our birthday. Then we revised our idea again, only to make it a hand knit pair of socks. We both love to knit socks as well as wear them.


I chose Austermann Step for the yarn and fell in love with the texture as well as the colors. In fact I bought a ball for her birthday gifty and one for a gifty for me. The pattern is Welt Fantastic from my favorite book "Sensational Knitted Socks"
P.S. Happy birthday girlfriend, I promise not to tell how old. :O

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

I have a ball of Step yarn in the Berry colorway. Yours knit up very nicely with the pattern, it jazzes up the stripes, very pretty!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Yes, my friend....I love!!!!!! the socks! They are great and fit perfectly! What a better way to make a person feel better on her BIG _0 birthday! I cant bring myself to say it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home