loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

On the Spinning Side


Here is a picture of my newest spinning fiber. I loved this the moment I layed eyes on it at Leah's "A Yarn Or A Tale" shop in Millington. It is Llama dyed with green, burgandy and some deeper blues in it. The colors caught my eye first and I thought of a beautiful cardigan. I felt the fiber and it feels so soft to me. There are guard hairs still in it but I don't think that will matter much to me. I started to spin just a few yards to see how it would look and it has such a nice halo and feels soft. Today is our spinning group at Leah's so hopefully I will get alot accomplished in the few hours there today. AND...give me a break from all of those dreaded felted clogs I have been slaving over for a while now. Until next time, Knit On!!! Or should I say, SPIN ON!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Hey! That fiber looks familiar! You're doing a fabulous job on those clogs (but you're a pro now after all those pairs!)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Cheryl,
The clogs are just beautiful. I will have to get the pattern. That is one Fiber Trends I don't seem to have in my collection.
What kind of wheel do you spin on? I couldn't tell from the picture?
I loved the llama roving and I hope to get my Snoopy's fleece worked up this winter. I look at your wool and hope for more motivation and inspiration.
I hope to get over your way for a spin in soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home