loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Deby's Cotton Candy Socks



A while back I posted I was test knitting socks for a girlfriend. Well here they are! Aren't they awesome?? Actually I made two pairs. The first pair I made to send to Deby and I found an unforgiveable mistake on the botton of one of the feet. So I sent her pictures and I made a second pair to send to her. She just recieved them on Monday. I made them out of Patons Kroy Sock Yarn on size 1 needles. If you like this pattern you can purchase it at Deby's blog. At the bottom of the page she has her sales blog. Her link is on my sidebar, O/C Knitiot
Check out her patterns when you get a minute. She recently started designing her own and she is doing a great job!

On the needles is still my Pilar Sweater. I have completed the back and I am working the front now. It is a fairly quick and easy knit. I am enjoying it.

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger barbp said...

I saw the gift you sent to Deby at OCK and wanted to tell you how nice they looked. Certainly sounds like she received them at a time she needed a pickmeup.

Have fun with the lacey riverine, I like you, have only done lacey type things in socks and am just about to verge onto a shawl or scarf. Your start on this looks great!

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Deby said...

My best friend is now my agent! I love it. What a friend you are. Your socks are so nice and I absolutly love the ones you sent me. You are such a sweetie and I cherish your friendship.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

What darling socks! They are so pretty in the red, the designs show up very nicely.

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hi Cheryl, Just wanted to compliment you on the great job with all your socks. I stumbled upon your blog somehow while reading some of the old yahoo spin lists. I have knit all my life but since getting carpol tunnel I had given it up. My niece wanted me to show her how to knit socks about two years ago and I discovered I can knit them without to much pain. I am a newbie to spinning and weaving but the bug has bitten me. Seven wheels and three looms since Christmas. We are almost neighbors, I live up in Saginaw. Have you checked out all the new sock yarn at Rapunzel's in Frankenmuth?? I went a little nuts Friday. Thanks for the spin list tip. I didn't know they had a group for us sock knitters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home