loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Blue Wool/Mohair




I have been working on some spinning inbetween numerous other projects. I finished my blue wool/mohair. It isn't as soft as I would like it for socks but I am sure I will find something nice to knit it into. I started some bright pink wool/mohair and it feels like it has a little bit of silk mixed in. It seems alot softer.

I am still working on my superwash handspun that I am knitting into a pair of Deby's Cotton Candy Socks. I only get to work on them during my lunch 1/2 hour at work. I am working down the foot of sock #1.

At home I have been knitting two pairs of Fiber Trends Felted Clogs from Patons Wool that I Kool Aid Dyed. I ran out and need to find something to contrast for the second soles on both pairs. (they have double soles for durability and softness) They are done in pastel green, pink, yellow and blue and look pretty so far. I will post pics when I get them complete both before and after felting. I need 6 pairs of these clogs total for Christmas gifts this year.

Until next time, KNIT ON!

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Deby said...

The roving you are spinning looks so good. It looks purple. Very impressive girlfriend. You are so talented! I wish I could find more hours in the day so I could get back to spinning. Great work Cheryl!

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your spinning is beautiful, such pretty colors! I spun up some Icelandic lamb fleece and it was not very soft. I started to knit a shawl, ripped it out, and will likely make mittens. I look forward to seeing your handspun projects.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Knitting Rose said...

oooohh I wish I could spin - your stuff looks beautiful. I am impressed with your knitting too! very nice colorful & consistent work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home