loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hard to Spin



Look at the lovely colors of this roving. Aren't they beautiful?? I absolutely loved it until I started spinning it. I only have 4 oz and have half spun. I pre-drafted and I thought that would work nicely but boy were my hands in pain. I believe it might have been processed too harshly in the dyeing process and some of the colors had slightly felted. I have to spin it tightly to keep it from breaking apart. Then when I get to a couple of the colors it gets all stuck and it breaks again. I posted to the Yahoo Groups "Spin to Knit Socks" and asked what I could do. A lady responded that I could spin from the other end. I would except I am trying to make a striping yarn when I ply it together. Her other suggestion was to spray it lightly with hair conditioner and water just enough to dampen it and put it in a plastic bag. I think I will try the second suggestion. It is so pretty I just hate to work so hard to get it spun and about kill my hands in the process.

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, Blogger Deby said...

as always, your spinning is wonderful. I do love those colors. What are you going to make?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home