loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pilar



I haven't been able to post for a while again. I completed a suprise in the last two weeks for my girlfriend that she should get in the mail tomorrow. I will post the pictures as soon as she gets it.

In the meantime I have started yet another project. This one a sweater. I am using another Berroco free pattern. I have made two other sweaters with their free patterns and liked making them. This one is Pilar. You can get this pattern at
http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/pilar/pilar.html I really liked the simple pattern that I can take to knit club and do mindless knitting and visit with friends at the same time, but it also looked like it might be a little more slimming on my chubby butt with the verticle eyelets. I hope so because I plan on wearing this one to work. I am using a 100% acrylic yarn. Patons Canadiana in cardinal red. I originally got this yarn to do the FLAK knit along. I wasn't sure if I would like the aran sweater design or not and I wasn't sure if I wanted to do something so heavy in 100% wool. As it turns out, I made about half the sweater and still didn't like the bulkiness even with acrylic. So I went to the frog pond with it and decided on a much simpler and more to my taste style. I am posting pictures of both sweaters in progress. The aran sweater is a work of art!! But not something I would wear. I can't wait to see Pilar done!

2 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your aran sweater is beautiful! Thank you for including the Berroco free pattern link, I will be checking it out.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Ohhh your sweater is looking loverly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home