loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Birthday Socks


Today is my best girlfriend, Deby's birthday. Happy Birthday girlfriend!!!! A few years ago we decided to exchange hand knit socks for our birthday every year. What a cool tradition that has turned out to be!
This year I used a pattern from "Sensational Knitted Socks" called "Ribbed Lace". The yarn is Araucania hand dyed on size 2 Knick Picks needles. They have an Eye of the Partridge heel. The ribbing is 1x1 through the back loop. I had never done this before and I really liked the results.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

What a great tradition. I really like the pattern you used for the socks. It would go well with the Florida weather I live in.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Deby said...

I love my socks and yarn your spun up for me Cheryl. They are awesome. I love our tradition also. I have started on your birthday socks too! But I cant tell you about them yet. It would ruin the surprise. I will give you a hint though. There are 2! LOL

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

Gorgeous socks, and the yarn is so pretty. You have reminded me that I have a ball of it in pink. Your pattern works perfectly with the yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home