loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Finished Tilted Duster


I finally finished my Tilted Duster. I love, love, love this sweater. It is Oasis Aussie Wool in bulky weight and super warm. The pattern is from the fall issue of Interweave knits. I wore it to work on friday with lots of nice compliments. The only changes I would make in the future if I were to make this sweater again would be to add more to the sleeves. The picture in the magazine shows a tight sleeve but I personally would like it a little more loose. The other change I would make would be to make the collar not quite as high as the 5" the pattern called for. It goes up the back of my head a little too far but it really wasn't uncomfortable.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:07 PM, Blogger Deby said...

Just stunning Cheryl! I love this sweater also and you did a wonderful job knitting it!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Roseann said...

What a knitting accomplishment! Your tilted duster is beautiful, I love the color. I appreciate hearing how you would alter the pattern. I bet your coworkers are amazed at your knitting skills.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

Wow, awesome job. I really love the color and you chose some very nice buttons for it.

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I've been wanting to ask you if you had any trouble getting the right gauge using the Aussie Wool, since it's much thicker than the required wool for the Tilted Duster? Or, did you use the Aussie Worsted instead? I bought some Ausie Wool in Oak Moss color, which I would love to use for this pattern. So,I finally thought I get up the nerve to ask.

Thanks,
Gloria

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I re-read your post and saw that it is indeed bulky weight. Sorry about that. (I thought it was and then spaced that fact.) How was it getting the gauge?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home