loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Watermelon Socks




Well, I finally get to post once again. I have been busy finishing up my pink beaded socks and the socks I test knitted for my girlfriend. I can't wait to be able to post those pics of her sock. They turned out so cute!

Tomorrow night is knit club at Elaine's Yarn shop and I need to buy some white cotton to start my sister a pair of white lace socks.
I made the time to go out to Millington to a fairly new yarn shop called "A Yarn and a Tale". What a nice little shop. Alot of handspun yarns and mostly natural fibers. She also carries rovings. I was so happy to find out that she wants to start a little spinning group on the fourth saturday of the month. I have been looking for months for a spinning group so I was happy to find this out. I really need practice on my spinning as you can see from the picture of my handspun. This is my first attempt at spinning fine for sock yarn and it is so lumpy in spots. I started a basket weave pattern from "Sensational Knitted Socks" book hoping to hide the inperfections of my spinning. I need to work on consistancy! The other picture is of the little miniature sock blocker and sock. I picked this up at A Yarn and a Tale. Isn't it cute. It took all of an hour to knit up this little sockie.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger lee said...

what gorgeous knitting this is :).

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Your spun yarn doesnt look lumpy at all. It really looks wonderful Cheryl. I cant wait to get mine spun. We did buy the same stuff!
Your mini sock is so cute. I like the little sock blocker too.
Your work is always loverly to look at.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home