loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Basket Weave Rib Watermelon Socks



I finished the first of my Basket Weave Rib Watermelon Socks. What a long name! I named them this for two reasons. The pattern is from the book "Sensational Knittted Socks" by Charlene Schurch and the name of the pattern is Basket Weave Rib. The yarn I spun myself and was named by the fiber artist I bought my roving from as "Watermelon" due to the watermelon colors. The colors are so much prettier than I can get with the camera. I modified the pattern slightly and made a regular foot instead of the purled foot that the pattern called for. I wanted the shades of the yarn to show up more. The yarn is a wool/mohair/silk blend and it is much softer than I expected. When I tried on the sock there was no itching from the wool, which I had expected. The only downfall will be I have to handwash these socks. Oh well, it will be worth it to me. Alot of work went into this pair

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Deby said...

ohh Cheryl, that pattern is perfect for your hand spun yarn. Loverly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home