loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Watermelon Yarn




I have been so busy this summer that I haven't been able to get on the computer to post. Or to knit alot for that matter. You know with the yard work, holiday ect.. I am still squeezing in every minute that I can. I have also been spinning my watermelon yarn as much as possible. I am about done with that. Just about an ounce or two left. YIPPEE! I started that yarn almost a year ago with 2 lbs. I have quite a bit of roving stash and am so anxious to start something new.

As for knitting on the needles I have three pairs of socks. The first two I posted about last month. The pink beaded socks. I have one finished and about done with the cuff on the second. I have the first sock finished of the Alberta socks in white. I need to graft the toe yet and start #2. The third pair of socks I have to leave as a suprise for a while. I will say this much. I am making them out of Kroy Sock yarn in red and they are for my special girlfriend who asked me to test knit a new pattern she has designed. I am so excited and honored to do that!! I told her I would put down all other projects until this one is complete. I will post a picture as soon as I am able to.

Tomorrow night is my knit club at Elaine's Yarn Shop and I know I will get alot more done on my girlfriend's suprise socks. I will try harder to get more accomplished so the next post will be sooner. Until then, KNIT ON!!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:47 AM, Blogger Deby said...

Ohhh I love the beaded socks in pink. They are so cute. I also want to knit the other pattern. I love the design and it really shows up in white. Great work Cheryl.
Cant wait to see your test socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home