loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Fiber Room





I am still working on the socks I have posted so I thought this was a good time to post pictures of my fiber room. This is my favorite place to be. It is warm, comfortable and has everything I love so much in it. As you can see I collect sheep.
I couldn't tell you how many I have. Alot! I found my wallpaper border and fell in love with it because it had sheep on it. When I chose the paint I used one of the little houses in the border for the color. It is a mustard color, and I thought it would be kind of cool. When Tom came home from work he took one look and exclaimed it looked like baby poop!! After I was finished he had to admit it looked pretty good.

Tom built my window seat and during the winter I love to sit in it and knit or read. I still need more pillows. Under the window seat I have totes with my stash of rovings. As you can see I love to spin as well as knit. I have some of my hand spun yarn hanging on pegs waiting for a project. I have two wheels. A single treadle Ashford Traditional, and a double treadle Ashford Joy. I think my wheels are the coolest of all my fiber tools. Even when not using them I love to look at them.

Most of my yarn stash is all hidden in the little table with the glass door. I thought that was a neat illusion with the colored yarns peaking through the glass.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Deby said...

I love your craft room Cheryl, the colors you picked are great. It looks so comfy and cozy. I can see you spending a lot of time knitting and spinning there.

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger The socklady said...

A nice cuppa on a stormy winters day. A perfect place to spend your MI winter days (ex Michigander).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home