loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Pink Cotton Candy Merino




I bought a pound of wool/bunny mix and also some white merino at Zeilingers in Frankenmuth. I decided I wanted to stretch it a little more so I would ply the singles from each together. But I thought the white merino might be a little too white plied with the vibrant pinks. So my friend Leah dyed it a soft shade of pink. It looks like cotton candy!

When plied together it gave me softer varigated shades of pink. I am very happy with the color. It spun up about 10 wpi, worsted weight. This is the softest yarn and I hope to make a sweater with it someday. Notice I say someday??? The project list is longer than what I can knit in a lifetime.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

Oh, it is very pretty. I really like the soft varigated color of pink to.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

Your handspun cotton candy is incredible!!! I look forward to seeing a swatch of it knitted up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home