loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Deby's Birthday Socks 2008




Each year my best girlfriend Deby and I exchange socks for our birthday. It came about because we have so much knitting to do for our families for Christmas that we would not knit for each other then, but on our birthdays we would knit each other a pair of socks.

The socks I chose this year came from the German Sockknitters group on Yahoo. They are called Komet by Stephanie van der Linden. They turned out beautifully and I think Deby loved her socks. I liked them so well that I have cast on for a purple pair for myself to match my Tilted Duster. Deby's were the green pair. I had to laugh, a lady that goes to my local knit club commented that the pattern had cables AND lace, "total nirvana!"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Kris B said...

Second try to comment. The first one just didn't take.

The Birthday socks are awesome. I hope you had a great birthday!

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Roseann said...

What vivid sock colors, they are so pretty. I'm glad you're making a pair to go with your tilted duster and I like your birthday sock exchange idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home