loves2knitandspin

I am just a gal who loves to knit and spin in my spare time and thought it would be nice to share my projects with everyone.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hazelnut Merino


I found out thursday that I am laid off from work another week at least, possibly two. This can be a very good thing! Lots of knitting and spinning time.


So here is what I did yesterday all day. I spun and plied 6 0z. of superwash Merino wool. I ended up with about 500 yards so it is close to a fingering weight. I think another pair of lace socks would work great with this yarn. The color is hazlenut and would go with my Dockers that I wear to work. That is if I ever get to go back to work. :) I got this in a laps form which a mill end product. I have to say though, the laps I get are such a nice quality and spin up beautifully. I got his one at Leah's shop in Millington. I just recently learned of laps and I would recommend if you haven't tried spinning it yet, you should, it is very nice!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Deby said...

ohhh that is so pretty!!

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Leah said...

You did a great job spinning up the superwash...it's even prettier than I imagined it would be. Hey...would you change the link in the post to this address: http://www.freewebs.com/yarnoratale/ pretty please? My old shop blog is kinda out of date :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home